JOHN BARRYMORE, known as “The Great Profile” left one of the most unique imprints at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. Sid Grauman told Barrymore they would imprint his cheek and artistically add the rest of his profile later. However, at the ceremony Grauman reached out and shoved Barrymore’s face into the cement.
Barrymore’s ceremony was on September 5, 1940. He died a year and half later, forever mortalized on the silver screen and the famed courtyard.
13 Notes/ Hide
- interrmezzo likes this
- you-refromanothertime likes this
- irenetwain likes this
- burnettski92 likes this
- hertenderribs likes this
- littlewhiteghostie likes this
- toothoothe reblogged this from arkhangelskoye
- themuggleriddle likes this
- arkhangelskoye reblogged this from hollywood-legacy
- damnedinparadise reblogged this from hollywood-legacy
- missmorland likes this
- hollywood-legacy posted this